Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hannibal Rising review plus shit to come

Wallah my first movie review for this blog.



HANNIBAL RISING


Well hell, I guess the Hannibal series just keeps getting better and better, I mean "Hannibal" (2001) wasn't the best movie ever and lacked something that this movie and the other two had, but I still even enjoyed it from what I remember.
Anyhow, this movie was a great big screen watch I thought and now I can't wait for the dvd to come out. The story was great and would completely explain why someone would turn to doing the things Hannibal does in his life. The gore factory is there, but at the right moments, it's not over board by any means though there is some pretty gross shit going on. I think more so the chopping of limbs and the sound it makes, when the camera view turns somewhere else is one of the most effective things to keep something gross without turning it into some of the other types of movies I'll be reviewing on here in the future!
With that being said, as far as big screen/big budget/big everything movies are concerned, I was not planning on reviewing very many on here! I am making exceptions for movies such as this and possibly things like Rob Zombie, Romero, James Gunn and the like movies.
A lot of this movie I didn't even feel like I was watching a horror movie, instead a serious WWII war action/drama type movie and that wasn't a bad thing, I mean it had a little bit of everything and even some dark comedy, because you know Lecter always has to say something good before or after he offs someone.
I guess the only complaint I would have is that the young man who plays Hannibal, doesn't look a thing like a man that would grow up
to look like Hannibal in the other movies, though I guess that can be forgiven seeing as there were some changes in "Hannibal" 2001 to the persons who played certain characters in the series.
This movie in a lot of ways is nothing like the rest of the series, but that should not scare anyone who loves Dr. Lecter from seeing it because after all it is still about him, just don't expect him helping any FBI agents catch another killer or anything like that.....this is all Hannibal in his creative, well spoken, and monstrous glory!
I give it at least 4 1/2 severed half eaten heads out of a solid 5 severed half eaten heads!

Now some screen caps from the movie, Enjoy!



















Things to come as far reviews go in the upcoming months:



Battle Royal 2 extended version DVD
Wassup Rockers DVD
Salo DVD
The Garbage Pale Kids DVD



Himinbjorg "Europa" CD
Last Chance "Songs and slogans" CD
Blitzkid "Five Cellars Below" CD
Moonsorrow -"HÄVITETTY" CD


Later, Cory.

No comments: